Nurse Practitioner, Long-Term Care
|Location||Saugeen Valley, Mount Forest, ON|
Are you looking for an exciting challenge in the Health Care System? Saugeen Valley Nursing Center in Mount Forest and Caressant Care Nursing and Retirement Homes Ltd. in Harriston are looking for a dynamic Nurse Practitioner to join their health care teams.
We are seeking a self-directed, results oriented nursing leader who demonstrates strong communication skills, critical thinking and recognizes the importance of relationship building with all team members. You will provide innovative and creative clinical leadership for our inter-professional team to build capacity and support knowledge development in geriatric care; and work collaboratively with our physicians, staff and system partners.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current Nurse Practitioner Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class, with a preferred Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 2 years clinical experience in the care of geriatric clients and adult chronic disease management.
- Possess excellent assessment and clinical skills.
- Have a demonstrated understanding and commitment to Resident focused care, combined with skill in program development and evaluation, mentoring and educating staff, residents and families, to support clinical best practice.
- Participate in Professional Advisory and Quality Committee activities to help improve and sustain performance of Quality Improvement Plans at both the Harriston and Mount Forest sites.
- Have a broad understanding of the health care system and the ability to work collaboratively to enable the continued provision of safe and effective systems of clinical care in the Waterloo Wellington LHIN region.
- Be comfortable utilizing Ontario Telemedicine Network to facilitate connection and access to physicians, specialists and outreach teams.
- Knowledge of the Long-term Care Homes Act, 2007 and associated Regulations.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Familiar with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), knowledge of Point Click Care and RAI-MDS.
- Advanced knowledge, skill, decision making and expertise in the nursing care of complex frail older adults.
- Demonstrated competency to autonomously diagnose, order and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform procedures within the RN(EC) legislated scope of practice and designated medical directives as appropriate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by February 16, 2016 to:
Kim Leuszler, Vice President, Quality Improvement Caressant Care Nursing and Retirement Homes Ltd.
264 Norwich Ave