Kensington Village strives to provide appropriate services for our residents throughout the aging process up to and including end of life care(Palliative Care). Assessments of each resident is made prior to admission in order to ensure that every resident is provided the accommodation and care to best suit their needs. Within the Retirement home we provide independent, supportive and secure living.
Retirement home amenities abound at Kensington Village. Residents in the Physical Care and Special Care area of the facility keep their minds and bodies sharp by participating in health promoting/illness preventing programming. Horticultural and music therapy programs are offered regularly, along with a variety of behavioural and mood management counselling sessions.
In addition to the programs and services offered by Kensington Village, clients will enjoy a great many common area accommodations and amenities. These include:
- An open seating cafe with complimentary refreshments available throughout the day
- On-site retail at the Tuck Shop which features magazines, newspapers, personal care items, and other sundries
- An educational library stocked with large print books and magazines
- A calming chapel area that hosts multi-denominational worship services, grief support groups, and memorials
- A trendy hairdressing and cosmetics salon specializing in both men’s and women’s hair designs
- Efficient housekeeping and coin-operated laundry services (personal laundry services are available)
Kensington Retirement Village also offers personalized dining options that feature quality ingredients, are attractively served, and prepared based on individual dietary requirements.
All retirement residences at Kensington Village are private. All suites are equipped with call bells and grab bars for the safety of our residences. We have a wide range of room layouts, featuring some L-Shaped and double rooms ideal for couples.
View retirement suite floor plans for Kensington Village here.